Row houses, with their cross between traditional bungalows and modern apartments, are popular for their myriad benefits. It provides luxury, space, and a sense of independence while not depriving you of the community facility.
Henceforth, many people love living in a row house. If you consider getting one, you must find the answer to a few questions. Firstly, is row house worth it? Do you indeed need such a spacious and luxurious home? Also, how do you decorate your row house for a minimalist yet elegant look?
Well, we have found the answers to these questions for you. So, continue reading this post for a perfect investment plan for an exemplary row house.
Is Row House Worth It?
The row house is famous for its unique design, shared roofline and walls, and sometimes the front exterior. With their consistent design in the exterior of all the neighboring homes, row houses make a unique composition in the city skyline.
Thankfully for you, row houses are worth both financially and socially. Yes, row houses are slightly more expensive than apartments but less expensive than villas. Hence, you will enjoy the luxury of the large villas and facilities of a modern-day apartment with a row house. On top of it, you will enjoy privacy, independence, and community living moments with the house simultaneously. All these top-class facilities make a row house a worthy investment.
We mentioned that living in a row house is worth it. But what are its benefits? What makes this cross-design of bungalow and apartment so perfect? Let’s find them out.
More value for your money:
Row houses allow you to use every inch of your land. It shares a common roofline and boundary walls, so your space won’t be wasted. Plus, these shared wall and boundary walls will reduce your overall cost. On top of it, row houses are larger than apartments, although priced only slightly higher.
With the row house, you will feel like you are living in a bungalow but at a lower investment. Hence, this living style provides more value for your money.
Luxurious and spacious:
If you want a luxurious and spacious home but don’t want a big fatty bungalow, row houses are there for you. It is almost as spacious as a bungalow. Plus, the luxury it offers is commendable. These homes are multi-storied.
So, you will have more space to decorate your home interior and exterior. On top of it, you will find all the luxuries an apartment might provide you. Hence, it combines the luxury and space of two different housing systems to elevate your lifestyle.
A sense of privacy with a community feels:
We want privacy and independence in our life. At the same time, we love being a part of a larger community with a shared neighborhood. Row houses will offer it to you precisely. With individual stairs, your privacy in the row house remains intact and secured. No one will sneak into your home to see what you do there.
On the other side, shared rooflines and consistency in design bring row house owners into a community. They always extend their helping hand to neighbors. Plus, it brings a medieval vibe to society that many people like.
Quick decoration facility:
Row houses, with their multi-storied designs and ample space, offers unique decoration facility. You can use it to decorate for a contemporary look. It allows you to waterproof bathroom walls and easily redoes the kitchen or cabinets.
We will suggest a few row house decoration tips in the next section.
Are Row Houses A Good Investment?
Row houses are excellent investments as their values keep increasing day by day. Yes, when you buy or build a row house in a shared community, its value will increase yearly. It happens because old row homes in a large community become historic and part of tourism.
For instance, Philadelphia is famous for its row house structures. Thousands of people visit the city to see those houses. Plus, many people love living in row homes during their vacations. So, you can use it for your commercial purposes too.
Furthermore, these homes are low maintenance. Due to its simple design, you won’t need massive repairing or redoing of the home. Also, the idea of row houses is to keep everything simple. So, decorating and arranging its interior won’t cost you too much.
5 Decoration Tips For Row House
Row houses are unique. But can you make it more awesome? Yes, with our top five tips to decorate your row house, you can instantly elevate its fantastic appearance.
- If you are bored of the old floors, try replacing the floor, including underneath the kitchen cabinet. It will give the floor a new look. You might use different textured tiles or wooden floors to revamp the look.
- For coziness, try improving the patio, garden, or balcony space. You can add a tiny chiminea, swing, or storage space in the balcony or lawn area. It will enhance the decorative look and allow you to relax after a tiring workday.
- As you decorate the interior space of a row house, don’t be confined to straight lines and walls only. You may try out different shapes and use vertical and horizontal space to elevate the look and feel. As you redo the floors and walls, try out the circular shapes for the coffee tables, sofas, etc. It will add visual appeal to the home.
- Once in a while, redoing the kitchen and living room space isn’t bad, either. However, you must understand the remodeling permissions before commencing the redoing project. You can shuffle the walls, furniture, and moveable items and apply different color schemes to change the monotonous look of an old row house. The good thing is you won’t need permission for these small redesigning works.
- Finally, allow maximum sunlight to enter your row house. Natural sunlight makes the home look bigger. Hence, you should avoid using heavy curtains and placing the bookshelf where it blocks natural light and heavier furniture. Also, use shed and ceiling lights for maximum effect.
Is row house worth it? Should you invest in it? Yes, a row house is an excellent investment for those who want added privacy and maximum luxury at a reasonable price. You will enjoy the amenities and luxurious lifestyle of a villa at less price with the high-end services of an apartment. Plus, row houses’ value won’t fade out soon, unlike other depreciating homes.
Plus, you can quickly increase its reselling value with quick decoration. Thus, it’s high time you get your row house and lead a comfortable yet plentiful life.
Leave a Reply